Edge Systems LLC’s original machine – the S.A.F.E.™ System Surgical Smoke Evacuator – The system is intended to provide a method of evacuating fumes and smoke generated during vaporizing of tissue in laser surgery. The smoke is drawn away from the surgical field and filtered to remove microorganism, particulate matter and odor, in order to reduce the possibility of infection in the patient. The system with all its accessories, is intended for use in hospitals, surgical centers, or doctor’s offices by trained professionals. The S.A.F.E.™ System Smoke Evacuation System is a USA Food and Drug Administration (FDA) listed Class ll medical device (Class l medical device in the EU). GMDN Code 37861. The FDA listed SAFE System smoke evacuator is built to handle any type of surgical smoke. Costs are low to purchase and operate.
Edge Systems also provides OEM services and sells vacuum tubing in various sizes.
- Economical – Due to the real time filter life pressure gauge (competitors run a timer on the motor)
- Compact – Only 9″ x 9″ footprint, 14″ high
- Quiet – Less than 52dBA, quieter than the competition
- Filtration – ULPA: 99.999+%@ 0.12 micron
- Weight – 28 lbs.
- Electrical – 100-120 VAC, 50/60 HZ – 220-240 VAC, 50/60 HZ
- Tubing – Vacuum Tubing 7/8″ x 8′